Lawyers in Springfield
Providing Small Firm Attention with Big Firm Resources
Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law, LLC has served the Springfield area since 1975. Our attorneys live and work in the Springfield area, and they care about advancing the interests of individuals, businesses, and organizations, large and small, throughout the community.
Conveniently located in the Hammons Tower in the heart of the downtown business district, our firm has 20 attorneys with broad experience in a wide range of practice areas. At the same time, Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law, LLC takes pride in providing personal service to every client. We know that one size does not fit all, so we create solutions that meet each client’s unique needs.
To learn more about how we can assist you in your matter, call our Springfield attorneys at (417) 557-3407 and schedule a consultation.
A Full-Service Law Firm that Can Take on Any Legal Challenge
Lowther Johnson’s clients range from individuals and small businesses to Fortune 500 companies and local governments.
The benefits of choosing our firm to address your legal needs include:
- Top-rated attorneys — Several of our attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the definitive guide to the most distinguished lawyers and law firms in America. The ratings attest to our attorneys’ high ethical standards and professional ability, based on evaluations by judges and other members of the bar.
- Deep roots — Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law, LLC has been serving the Springfield area for over 40 years. We live here, and we work here. Our attorneys are active in the local community, serving on local boards and volunteering with community organizations. Our clients choose Lowther Johnson because we understand them and their needs in a way that an out-of-town firm could not.
- Substantial resources — In addition to our 20 attorneys, we have an experienced support staff to help advance your case. Our attorneys come from varied backgrounds in business, banking, education, real estate, government, and law enforcement. We know the law, but we also know how this community works.
- Client advocacy — We fight vigorously for our clients. You retain an attorney because you need someone to get a result that you would have a hard time achieving on your own. We find it personally rewarding when our experience and knowledge help clients achieve their goals. That’s why we do what we do.
- Fearless litigators — Our attorneys know when we can achieve the best solution by negotiating the settlement of a case, and when it’s time to shift gears and head for court. All of our attorneys have courtroom and trial experience. This helps us develop strategies that give our clients a leg up in the courtroom.
Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law, LLC is a firm of highly rated attorneys that aim to represent the interests of individuals and businesses throughout Missouri and Northwest Arkansas in a wide range of practice areas and elite legal representation.
How We Can HelpWe Offer A Myriad Of Different Skills
- Civil Litigation
- Wrongful Death
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- Workers' Compensation
- Business, Commercial & Corporate Law
- Creditors' Rights & Collections
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law
- Estate Planning & Trusts
- Banking Law
Handling a Wide Range of Legal Services
- Appeals – Our attorneys have extensive experience handling appeals before the Missouri Court of Appeals, Missouri Supreme Court, and Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Banking — We help banks, credit unions, and other financial institutions with such issues as lender liability, regulatory compliance, domestic and international lending transactions, and bank fraud. Our firm currently represents over 20 area banks and financial institutions.
- Business law — We help companies with the formation of corporations and limited liability companies, contracts, partnership agreements, leasing, employment disputes, nondisclosure and noncompete agreements, litigation, and any other legal issues our business clients face.
- Civil litigation — Our litigators prosecute and defend all types of civil suits in the state and federal courts. We have the resources to handle even large, complex litigation.
- Creditors’ rights and collections — We protect the interests of creditors throughout the bankruptcy process and in collection actions. Our attorneys also are experienced in judgment recovery and landlord-tenant collections.
- Family law — Handling family law matters requires not just legal knowledge but also compassion. We guide our clients through these challenging times and fiercely protect their interests. Our family law attorneys can help you with such issues as divorce, prenuptial agreements, child custody, child support, alimony, and the division of marital property.
- Government law — Municipalities and government agencies often consult our attorneys on such issues as contracts, economic development projects, litigation, public information requests as well as drafting ordinances, and serving as special counsel. The firm has represented Greene County for 40 years and represents several other cities, counties, and governmental entities.
- Labor and employment — We represent plaintiffs and defendants in numerous employment law matters, such as harassment, wrongful termination, discrimination, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims, restrictive covenants, employment contracts, and wage and hour disputes.
- Personal injury and wrongful death — At Lowther Johnson Attorneys at Law, LLC, our personal injury attorneys work hard to win you the full compensation you deserve after you have been injured because of someone else’s negligence. We also represent the loved ones of wrongful death victims.
- Public law — Our firm represents public agencies in such matters as government contracts, procurement practices, public-private partnerships, and construction projects.
- Real estate and landlord-tenant law — Our legal team handles all aspects of real estate law, including residential and commercial real estate transactions and disputes, quiet title actions, adverse possession, boundary disputes, condemnations, evictions, broker/agent issues, collector’s deed litigation, and related issues.
- Traffic law — At Lowther Johnson, we guide clients through every step of the process after a DWI arrest or a traffic stop for violations such as reckless driving or speeding.
- Trusts and estates — We offer the full spectrum of estate planning services, including wills, revocable and irrevocable trusts, powers of attorney, guardianships, conservatorships, and living wills.
- Workers' compensation — If you have suffered a workplace injury or job-related illness, we help you overcome the administrative hurdles to obtain the workers’ compensation benefits you’re entitled to.
What Sets Us Apart?
A Record of Achievement
Personalized Attention & Carefully Curated Legal Plans
Hundreds of Millions Recovered For Our Clients
Capable, Distinguished & Experienced Legal Representation
350+ Years of Collective Legal Experience to Guide You
We are a general legal firm that adheres to and offers services to both the individuals and business. Let us make the difference.